Comparison Essay On “The Giver”

“The Giver” and “Praying” have very many similarities. Jonas, the main character in The Giver, knows that the community is unfair to the citizens and wants to leave. In Praying, Kesha knows that her abusive relationship is unfair and leaves him.

There’s a common theme in both of these. The realize that was may seem perfect can be unfair and flawed. They were both tired of being treated like that so the just left and they realized that they didn’t need it. In “Praying”, Kesha says “I’ll just say this I wish you farewell.” That means that she is done with him because she isn’t getting treated right.

When Jonas becomes the receiver, he finds out more and more secrets and gets tired of the community. Kesha is realizing that the relationship is no good, and is tired of him. Kesha states “Cause I can make it on my own and I don’t need you, I’ve found strength I’ve never known.”

At the end of the Giver, Jonas leaves because the community is unfair and there is too many secrets that he’s tired of. Kesha left the abusive relationship because he was unfair to her and she was tired of it. She couldn’t take it anymore. They both wanted out. Kesha says “Cause I can make it on my own.” She doesn’t need him and Jonas doesn’t need the community.